Spirulina is 100% natural and a highly nutritious micro salt water plant. It was discovered in South America and Africa in natural alkaline lakes. This spiral shaped algae is a rich food source. For a long time (centuries) this algae has constituted a significant part of the diet of many communities. Since the 1970’s, Spirulina has been well known and widely used as a dietary supplement in some countries.
Spirulina contains rich vegetable protein (60~ 63 %, 3~4 times higher than fish or beef ), multi Vitamins (Vitamin B 12 is 3~4 times higher than animal liver), which is particularly lacking in a vegetarian diet. It contains a wide range of minerals (including Iron, Potassium, Magnesium Sodium, Phosphorus, Calcium etc.), a high volume of Beta- carotene which protects cells (5 time more than carrots, 40 time more than spinach), high volumes of gamma-Linolein acid (which can reduce cholesterol and prevent heart disease). Furthermore, Spirulina contains Phycocyanin which can only be found in Spirulina.
With over 100 nutrients, Spirulina is often described as the most complete food source in the world. The American National Aeronautical and Space Agency includes it in their astronauts diet and plans to grow Spirulina in it’s space station. It’s easy to see why.
Japan has some good examples of some Japanese seniors who have only relied on Spirulina and water for more than 20 years showing how good is Spirulina for the human body.
High temperature, moisture or pollution will reduce the beneficial effects of Spirulina.
- Buy and keep no more than 6 months worth.
- After opening the packaging we strongly recommend you use the product within three months.
- After usage, ensure you reseal the packaging as soon as possible.
- Keep the product away from any possible heat source.
- Keep the product away from sun or any exposure to strong light.
- Children who don’t like or get enough vegetables and or have an imbalanced food intake.
- Teenagers during their rapid growing period need a sufficient injection of nutrients. Spirulina is ideal for this.
- Pregnant mums who need extra nutrients.
- Seniors who have difficulty in having reasonable average 3 meals per day.
- Sport lovers or athletics who need extra nutrients to keep their energy levels up.
- Modern busy people who don’t have the time to eat good meals.
- Patients or people who need high volumes of nutrients to assist recovery (please consult your doctor)
- Vegetarians who require extra nutrient sources
- People with hyperparathyroidism
- People who have serious allergies to seafood or seaweed.
- Patients currently experiencing high fever.
- Take only with cold or warm water, (not juice, soft drinks, coffee or tea)
- After taking Spirulina, avoid alcohol, soft drinks or coffee for 30 minutes as these drinks can destroy some of the Spirulina’s nutrients and enzymes
- Take at least an extra half litre of water a day
- It doesn’t matter if you take it once a day or twice a day, so long as you take enough for a day.
Recommend dosage for adults is 5 ~ 10 grams a day, children under 12 should take 3 ~ 5 grams a day.